Wolfgang Borchert
sleep at night the rats but
The hollow window in the lonely wall yawned purple full early evening sun. Staubgewölke flickered between the steep chimney remains stretched. The rubble desert dozed.
He had his eyes on. Suddenly it was still dark. He noted that someone had come and now stood before him, dark, quiet. Now they have me! he thought. But as he blinked a bit, he saw only two somewhat poorly breeched legs. The were pretty crooked to him that he could see through between them. He risked a small Geblinzel high on the legs and saw an older man who had a knife and a basket in her hand. And some soil on the finger tips.
You sleep here, eh? the man asked, looking down from above to the hair brush. Jürgen blinked between the legs of the man and into the sun and said: No, I do not sleep. I must be careful here. The man nodded: So, for that you have the big stick as well? Yes, Jürgen answered bravely and held on to the floor.
fits what are you on that?
can not say that I do. He held his hands to the floor.
on welfare money what? The man put down the basket and wiped the knife on his pants back and forth.
No, not money at all, "said Juergen contemptuously. Aufganz otherwise.
Well, what then?
I can not say. What else indicated.
Well, then do not. Then I say to you, of course not, what I have in the basket. The man kicked to the basket and closed the knife.
Pah can imagine what is in the basket, meinteJürgen contemptuously, rabbit food.
golly, yes! said the man astonished're a smart fellow. How old are you?
nine.
Oha, think of times, nine words. Then you know how many times three are nine, how?
Sure, Juergen said, and to gain time, he said: That's easy. He looked through the man's legs through. Three times nine, not? he asked again, twenty-seven. I did the same.
true, "said the man, and just as many rabbits I have. Jürgen
made a round mouth: Twenty-seven?
You can see them. Many are still quite young. Will you?
I can not. I must be careful, "said Jürgen uncertain.
All the time? asked the man, at night, too?
night too. Always. Always. Jürgen looked up at the crooked legs. Since Saturday already, "he whispered.
But go thou not home? You have to eat.
Jürgen raised a stone high. There lay half a loaf. And a tin box.
you smoke? asked the man, have you an Peifer?
Jürgen took his stick firmly and said timidly: I turn. Pipe I do not like.
pity the man bent down to his cage, the rabbits had you can still watch sometimes. Especially the boys. Maybe you would have chosen one. But you can not here anything away.
No, "said Jürgen sad, no, no.
The man picked up the basket and straightened up. Well, if you must stay here, too bad. And he turned around. If you do not betray me, "said Jürgen as fast, it's because of the rats.
The crooked legs came back a step: Because of the Rats?
Yes, but eating the dead. Of people. Since they live but by.
Who says so?
Our teacher.
And now you fit on the rats? the man asked
but not to die! And then he said very softly: My brother, who is that is down there. Da. Juergen pointed his cane on the sagging walls. Our house got a bomb. Suddenly the light was off in the basement. And he is. We have called. He was much shorter than me. Only four. He must be still here yes. He's much shorter than me.
The man looked down on the hair brush. But then he suddenly said, yes, has your teacher told you not that the rats sleep at night?
No, saw and from a completely tired, he did not say flüsterteJürgen.
Na said the man, but that is a teacher if he does not even know that. At night the rats yet. At night you can still go home. At night they sleep forever. When it gets dark, I did.
Jürgen did with his stick small pits in the debris. Beds are all small, he thought, all small beds.
Then said the man and his crooked legs were very restless here: You know what? Now I feed my rabbits quickly, and when it gets dark, I'll pick you up. Maybe I can bring one. A small or what do you mean? Jürgen
made little hollows in the rubble. Many small rabbit . Chen White, gray, white and gray. I do not know, "he said softly and looked at his crooked legs when they really sleep at night. The man climbed over the wall remains off the street. Of course, he said from there, your teacher will pack up when he did not even know that. Jürgen
stood up and asked: When can I get one? A white, perhaps?
I will try once, the man called out as he walks away, but you must wait here for so long. I then go home with you, you know? I must say your father yet, how will such a rabbit hutch built. For that you must know, yes.
Yes, said Juergen, I wait. I must still pay attention until it gets dark. I'm waiting determined. And he said: We also have boards at home. Box panels, he said.
But the man heard any more. He ran with his crooked legs to the sun. Which was already red from the evening and Jürgen could see how they seemed to pass through the legs, so crooked they were. And the basket waved excitedly back and forth. Rabbit food was in there. Green rabbit food, which was a bit of gray rubble.
sleep at night the rats but
The hollow window in the lonely wall yawned purple full early evening sun. Staubgewölke flickered between the steep chimney remains stretched. The rubble desert dozed.
He had his eyes on. Suddenly it was still dark. He noted that someone had come and now stood before him, dark, quiet. Now they have me! he thought. But as he blinked a bit, he saw only two somewhat poorly breeched legs. The were pretty crooked to him that he could see through between them. He risked a small Geblinzel high on the legs and saw an older man who had a knife and a basket in her hand. And some soil on the finger tips.
You sleep here, eh? the man asked, looking down from above to the hair brush. Jürgen blinked between the legs of the man and into the sun and said: No, I do not sleep. I must be careful here. The man nodded: So, for that you have the big stick as well? Yes, Jürgen answered bravely and held on to the floor.
fits what are you on that?
can not say that I do. He held his hands to the floor.
on welfare money what? The man put down the basket and wiped the knife on his pants back and forth.
No, not money at all, "said Juergen contemptuously. Aufganz otherwise.
Well, what then?
I can not say. What else indicated.
Well, then do not. Then I say to you, of course not, what I have in the basket. The man kicked to the basket and closed the knife.
Pah can imagine what is in the basket, meinteJürgen contemptuously, rabbit food.
golly, yes! said the man astonished're a smart fellow. How old are you?
nine.
Oha, think of times, nine words. Then you know how many times three are nine, how?
Sure, Juergen said, and to gain time, he said: That's easy. He looked through the man's legs through. Three times nine, not? he asked again, twenty-seven. I did the same.
true, "said the man, and just as many rabbits I have. Jürgen
made a round mouth: Twenty-seven?
You can see them. Many are still quite young. Will you?
I can not. I must be careful, "said Jürgen uncertain.
All the time? asked the man, at night, too?
night too. Always. Always. Jürgen looked up at the crooked legs. Since Saturday already, "he whispered.
But go thou not home? You have to eat.
Jürgen raised a stone high. There lay half a loaf. And a tin box.
you smoke? asked the man, have you an Peifer?
Jürgen took his stick firmly and said timidly: I turn. Pipe I do not like.
pity the man bent down to his cage, the rabbits had you can still watch sometimes. Especially the boys. Maybe you would have chosen one. But you can not here anything away.
No, "said Jürgen sad, no, no.
The man picked up the basket and straightened up. Well, if you must stay here, too bad. And he turned around. If you do not betray me, "said Jürgen as fast, it's because of the rats.
The crooked legs came back a step: Because of the Rats?
Yes, but eating the dead. Of people. Since they live but by.
Who says so?
Our teacher.
And now you fit on the rats? the man asked
but not to die! And then he said very softly: My brother, who is that is down there. Da. Juergen pointed his cane on the sagging walls. Our house got a bomb. Suddenly the light was off in the basement. And he is. We have called. He was much shorter than me. Only four. He must be still here yes. He's much shorter than me.
The man looked down on the hair brush. But then he suddenly said, yes, has your teacher told you not that the rats sleep at night?
No, saw and from a completely tired, he did not say flüsterteJürgen.
Na said the man, but that is a teacher if he does not even know that. At night the rats yet. At night you can still go home. At night they sleep forever. When it gets dark, I did.
Jürgen did with his stick small pits in the debris. Beds are all small, he thought, all small beds.
Then said the man and his crooked legs were very restless here: You know what? Now I feed my rabbits quickly, and when it gets dark, I'll pick you up. Maybe I can bring one. A small or what do you mean? Jürgen
made little hollows in the rubble. Many small rabbit . Chen White, gray, white and gray. I do not know, "he said softly and looked at his crooked legs when they really sleep at night. The man climbed over the wall remains off the street. Of course, he said from there, your teacher will pack up when he did not even know that. Jürgen
stood up and asked: When can I get one? A white, perhaps?
I will try once, the man called out as he walks away, but you must wait here for so long. I then go home with you, you know? I must say your father yet, how will such a rabbit hutch built. For that you must know, yes.
Yes, said Juergen, I wait. I must still pay attention until it gets dark. I'm waiting determined. And he said: We also have boards at home. Box panels, he said.
But the man heard any more. He ran with his crooked legs to the sun. Which was already red from the evening and Jürgen could see how they seemed to pass through the legs, so crooked they were. And the basket waved excitedly back and forth. Rabbit food was in there. Green rabbit food, which was a bit of gray rubble.
0 comments:
Post a Comment